Estimations with RMiPublished on February 15 2015
A. Estimate of rockmass properties
1. Estimates of rockmass strength. As shown in papers on RMi, the RMi-value approximately gives the uniaxial compressive strength of a rockmass. The RMi-value can be found from:
- calculations as given, for instance in the tag ‘Papers on RMi’, or
- a graphical method to calculate the RMi-value, or
- the computer spreadsheet RMi Calculation, or
- the computer spreadsheet Combining the RMR, Q and RMi systems
2. Estimate of deformation modulus as described in the paper The deformation modulus – comparisons between in situ tests and indirect estimates.
3. Estimate of input parameters to Hoek-Brown failure criterion for rockmasses as described in the Ph.D. thesis on RMi.
B. Estimate of rock support
The RMi is used in rock support as described in several papers, see the tag ‘Papers on RMi’, especially the paper Recent developments in rock support estimates by the RMi.
The estimate of rock support can be found by application of the computer spreadsheet on Rock support