Some Published PapersPublished on March 12 2011
Various papers on rock engineering, design and construction not presented in other parts of the web site. From time to time, additional papers or summary of papers will be presented. The papers (in pdf-format) cover the following items:
1. Swelling clays in seams and faults:
- Stability problems in tunnels caused by seams and zones with swelling clay and a method to measure the swelling activity and pressure of the swelling material
2. Hydropower planning and construction: (see also the tag 'Some designs' )
- The engineering geological planning and design of the 110 MW Tjodan power plant with an unlined pressure shaft with 950m head located in gneiss excavated by TBM.
- Seminars on hydropower planning and development, arranged by the Norwegian Export Council in Spain (1989), presented in Spanish and in India (1990)
3. Various items:
- Case histories in the design and construction of underground structures.
- Engineering geology applied in the planning of the Lyse one-lane road tunnel
- The concept study of the Petromine project: 50km long undersea tunnels from the shore to the Troll oilfield for bringing the oil on shore.
- Oslo, the capital city of Norway has numerous tunnels and caverns in rock as shown in two papers describing “The Oslo underground” and “The use of the underground in Oslo”
- A paper on how engineering geology is practised in Norway
Several papers on Undersea tunnels and on Unlined pressure tunnels are presented under the tag 'Some designs'.