Rock PropertiesPublished on February 14 2015
Several textbook describe formation, development and composition of rocks as well as rock properties, among others Lama and Vutukuri (1976), see Publication references.
Some information on rocks can be found in the following:
- Geological classifications of igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic rocks
- A schematic overview of rock development is presented here.
- Classification of mineral sizes.
- Some rock strength and mi values.
- Some rock rock strength and deformability values.
(mi is the factor used in the Hoek-Brown criterion for rockmasses)
Take also a look at the rock classification of Prof. Richard Goodman worked out for technical use.
A special feature in the occurrence of rocks is weathering. Various classifications of weathering as well as some definitions and comment are given here.
See also Classification.